I got tagged by my sister with these instructions:Pick up the nearest book with at least 123 pages. Find page 123. Find the first five sentences. Post the next three sentences. Tag five people.
"'Photos?' Chavez asked calmly, then took them from Mrs. Foley's hand. There were six of them. Ding examined each, handing them over one by one to his senior."
- Debt of Honor, by Tom Clancy
I tag Dave C., Brooke C., Chris M., Becka O., and Josh S., cuz those are the first people one the permissions list that read this blog that I know have blogs.
I started this book back in December I think and I'm still not to page 123 so I got a sneak peak. It's mostly about economics and the business world and how these stock brokers are making moves to like, take over the world or something. I'm lost. I don't understand money, or the stock market, or business, or economics. It's all a mystery to me.
It's Monday and I have the day off because I have to work Friday to help with an elevator inspection at a bank. It's a good thing too cuz there's about an inch of ice on the ground outside. I don't really feel like driving on it.
In other news, yesterday was our new youth minister's first day at church. Matt Seats. He's old school DCD so of course he's a cool guy. He should do a really good job, I've worked with him before, he was a YM in a congregation not far from here before so we worked together at area wide retreats and at camp and such. I'm excited for these kids that they'll have a leader with as much experience and enthusiasm as him.
We're finally up to date on LOST. I really like this show. It's crazy. I think it really brings out the humanity in all of its characters. None of them are perfect all the time, they all do dumb stuff every now and then, and they all have to learn to trust each other all over again almost every episode. Very interesting.
The quote last time was from "Sister Act II: Back in the Habit." No doubt one of the best sequels of all time. Props to the wife and the sister for guessing right!
Profoundly Vulnerable
12 years ago

3 comments:
You started a book in DECEMBER and still havent' finished it yet? Who you? j/k I know you don't speed read...sometimes i read so fast that I miss important things and have to go back a chapter b/c I get confused...or maybe I'm just always confused?
Anyway, thanks for posting! Here's a movie quote challenge for ya "I can SEE it's a miracle!"
I feel corrupted by participating in this tagging chain thing. Its repulsive. Yet, I did it anyway.
the reason no one understands the stock market? it doesn't really exist, nor does money. They say it's real, but the bankers won't let me see this "vault" of theirs.
Post a Comment